- It’s soup season, so, there’s nothing better than a delicious and healthy recipe to keep you warm during winter.
- This soup is a blast, and its super simple and fast to make.
Change the ingredients and spices according to your preferences and use whatever you have in hand.
Since the potato is what gives it the creamy look, it is the only item that you must keep; the rest is up to you.
– 1/2 kg peeled potatoes, preferably organic
– 1/4 cup chopped leek
– 1 chopped onion, medium
– scallions and parsley, as your taste
– 1 cup curly kale, stems removed
– salt and pepper, to taste
– cayenne pepper flakes (optional)
– 1 TBS vegetable oil
– warm water, enough to reach desired consistency
– olive oil to garnish (optional)
Start preparing the potatoes. Rinse them well, peel and then cut them into small cubes. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and leak, seasoning with a little bit of salt. Lower the heat and simmer until onion is transparent.
Add the chopped potatoes, mix well and then add hot water to the other ingredients (double amount of water of the ingredients there).
Add salt, close the pan and bring to a boil at medium heat.
When boiling, check if it needs more water.
Let it simmer until creamy, adding water when necessary so that it doesn’t get dry.
In a skillet, add a dash of oil and sauté the crushed garlic with a pinch of salt. Add chopped scallions, turn off the heat and add these ingredients to the soup pan, whisking them well.
Lastly, add the kale, hand-ripped into big pieces.
Cover the pan, turn off the heat and leave it for 3 minutes before serving, just to warm the kale.
Garnish the way you want and serve with a dash of olive oil, cayenne pepper, croutons or crackers. Enjoy it!
- All recipes, text and images shown are property of the Veganana’s Blog.
- Show that you care mentioning the Veganana Blog when you share or publish the recipes.